Friday, September 6, 2024

GREAT REWARDS

"Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude and insult you, and denounce your name as evil on account of the Son of Man. Rejoice and leap for joy on that day! Behold, your reward will be great in heaven." -- Luke 6:22-23

Look at the people around you. . .

What do you see?
When other people hates you, God loves you.

When other people excludes you and turn their backs on you, God brings you to Himself and accepts you for who you are.

When other people insults you, God is there to praise you and make you feel how beautiful you are.

When other people looks upon you as a bad person, God shows you how good you are.

You can not please all the people around you but God is always pleased in you as His very own child. People will fail you but God will never fail you.
Friend, you may be experiencing financial difficulties or troubles in your relationships but the truth is, "these are all temporary". God allows these things to happen so that you will be prepared to receive with joy the glorious riches and rewards that are in store for you in the coming days.
Life is not about material treasures. It is about knowing that you are nothing without the Lord. In your nothingness, He shall fill you with great things and His vast and infinite resources shall be yours.

Acknowledge your need for God as your sole Provider. He nourishes you each day so that you may be filled in every way. He alone can satisfy your heart's desires.

Your blessings are forthcoming!
It does not concern me in the least that I be judged by you or any human tribunal; I do not even pass judgment on myself; I am not conscious of anything against me, but I do not thereby stand acquitted; the one who judges me is the Lord. Therefore, do not make any judgment before the appointed time, until the Lord comes, for he will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will manifest the motives of our hearts, and then everyone will receive praise from God. -- 1 Corinthians 4:3-5

Remember the great challenge of the sufferings that you had to meet after you received the light, in earlier days; sometimes by being yourselves publicly exposed to humiliations and violence, and sometimes as associates of others who were treated in the same way. For you not only shared in the sufferings of those who were in prison, but you accepted with joy being stripped of your belongings, knowing that you owned something that was better and lasting.  Do not lose your fearlessness now, then, since the reward is so great. -- Hebrews 10:32-35
 
Lord, I am poor and you alone can make me rich. I am hungry and you alone can fill me and satisfy me. I am lonely and you alone can make me happy. Please be with me at all times and in any circumstances so that my joy will always be full and complete. I stand in the hope that a day will come when all your promises shall be fulfilled in me. With much love and anticipation I pray in Jesus Name. Amen. 


Reading:
SERMON ON THE PLAIN - Luke 1:20-26
PAUL'S LIFE AS A PATTERN - 1 Corinthians 4:1-21
RECALLING THE PAST - Hebrews 10: 19-39

Published:
September 11, 2013 - Wednesday, 8:42AM
March 02, 2014 - Sunday, 9:53AM